Starting a business?
Personal Credit Reports
Pulling personal credit reports on all 20% owners and loan guarantors is an important first step before you start the loan process. Be sure to pull the reports from all 3 credit bureaus with your credit scores. Review for any negative items to clear up by disputing and be prepared to provide an explanation to the lender. MyFico is a good source for one-time reports.
Registration for Entity and State Assumed Names
Texas Secretary of State website main page with links to SOSDirect for Business Searches, Online Business Filings, Find Forms, File Entity Documents, State Assumed Name Certificates, and Information on Starting a Business.
Internal Revenue Service
Apply for Employer Identification Number, download forms with instructions, and Publications and EBooks on starting a business, business expenses, depreciation, etc.
Forms you may need:
- Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Publication 583 Starting a Business and Keeping Records
- Publication 334 Tax Guide for Small Business (For Individuals Who Use Schedule C)
- Publication 15 Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide Publication
- Publication 535 Business Expenses
- Publication 587 Business Use of Your Home (Including Use by Day-Care Providers)
- Publication 946 How to Depreciate Property
The Census Business Builder: Small Business Edition is a source of consumer and business data in your area.
Logo / Web Development / Marketing
Like my website? Then contact SuburbanBuzz for expert graphic design, web development, SEO, web hosting, business listing management and more! Call 832-USA-BUZZ (832-872-2899) or visit their website.
We're Here To Help!
P.O. Box 5428
Katy, TX 77491
M-F: 8am - 5pm